SIMCRAFT LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY
|SimCraft Produced Hardware
APEX Chassis, AXIS Chassis, AUTO Chassis, AERO Chassis, SimCraft Tilton Pedals
||Lifetime Parts – Replacement or Repair
|Electric Linear Actuators
||3 Years Parts – Replacement or Repair
PC Components (i.e. P/S, Processor, Motherboard), Motion Control Box, SimCraft Pedal Sensors
||3 Year Parts – Replacement or Repair
TVs, Audio, Race Wheels, Cabling
||3 Year Parts – Replacement or Repair
|SimCraft Related Software
CraftCon, Craftware API, integration modules
SimCraft warrants to the original purchaser that any SimCraft produced hardware (Chassis, Bearings, Mountings, Motion Electronics) shall be free of operational defects, assuming normal usage. Importantly, this limited product warranty does not
* non-SimCraft branded hardware products and accessories e.g., computers, monitors, speakers, race wheels, other controls;
* software, including the operating system and software as well as any third party software;
* product that has been damaged by actions that are beyond SimCraft’s control, including for example, impacts, fluids, fire, flood, wind, earthquake, lightning or similar disaster, war, strike, lockout, epidemic, destruction of production facilities, riot, insurrection or material unavailability;
* product that has been damaged through misuse, abuse or mishandling, including without limitation the unauthorized modification of the system as a whole or any individual component, and/or the attachment of structures, mountings, and devices not built by or approved by SimCraft;
* product for which SimCraft has not received full payment; or
* paint or finish.
SimCraft does not warrant the operation of any product to be uninterrupted or error-free.
The SimCraft Limited Warranty covers only those defects that arise as a result of normal use of the product, and do not apply to the following conditions:
* Improper or inadequate maintenance
* Unauthorized modification or misuse
* Operation outside of the product’s environmental specifications, including duty cycle abuse
* Improper site preparation or maintenance
* Improper or unsafe usage
If SimCraft receives, during the applicable warranty period, notice of a defect in the hardware product or any SimCraft component that is covered by SimCraft’s warranty, SimCraft shall either repair or replace the product or the defective component, at its option. Any replacement product or component may be either new or like new, provided that it has functionality at least equal to that of the product or component being replaced. In all cases, the labor and expense to remove and replace defective hardware is not covered by this warranty. SimCraft will provide instruction and support for removal and replacement of components, to be performed by the customer or their designated resource.
Third Party Electronics
In some cases, the SimCraft product may be equipped with hardware supplied by SimCraft from third-party companies. The manufacturers of any third-party hardware warrant their product seperately, however, this warranty covers third party products and components in a blanket 3 year warranty. Repair or replacements of parts or components is covered for 3 years, to the original purchaser, and at SimCraft discretion.
This warranty is valid in any country where SimCraft distributes products and components. Contracts for additional warranty services, such as on-site service, may be available from an authorized SimCraft service facility in countries where this product is distributed by SimCraft or its authorized importer.
Limitations of Warranty
Neither SimCraft nor any of its third-party suppliers makes any other warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. With respect to its products, SimCraft and its third-party suppliers specifically disclaim the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
To the extent that this Limited Warranty Statement is consistent with the law of the locality where the customer uses the SimCraft product, this Limited Warranty Statement shall be deemed modified to be consistent with such local law. Under such local law, certain limitations of this Limited Warranty Statement may not apply to the customer. For example, some states in the United States, as well as some governments outside the United States (including provinces in Canada) may:
* Preclude the disclaimers and limitations in this Warranty Statement from limiting the statutory rights of a customer (for example, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom).
* Otherwise restrict the ability of a manufacturer to make disclaimers or impose such limitations.
* Grant the customer additional warranty rights, specify the duration of the implied warranties which the manufacturer cannot disclaim, or not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts.
To the extent allowed by local law, the remedies provided in this Warranty Statement are the customer’s sole and exclusive remedies.
Limitations of liability
Except for the obligations specifically set forth in this warranty statement, in no event shall SimCraft be held liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, whether based on a contract, tort, or any other legal theory and whether advised of the possibility of such damages.
Returning your product for service. Always contact SimCraft Customer Support before sending in your product for service.
CAUTION: Shipping damage resulting from improper packing is not covered in the warranty. Shipping insurance on the returned merchandise is required. Include in the box the following information: A brief description of symptoms for service personnel (samples of print quality problems are helpful), A copy of the original sales slip or a self-test report printout to establish the warranty coverage period, your name, address, and a phone number where you can be reached during the day. Mark the RMA number on the return label.
SimCraft products come with support. Before contacting technical support, please do the following:
* Try resetting the simulator unit by powering it off, and then on again. (May require unplugging from the electrical socket.)
* Reboot the simulator computer and try again.
* Make sure the problem can be recreated.
* Be near to the SimCraft product when you call. You will be asked to do some troubleshooting with the product.
* Be prepared to describe your problem in detail.
This Limited Warranty Statement is governed by the laws of the State of Georgia, USA and provides specific legal rights. Other rights pertaining to this warranty may exist, which vary from state to state in the United States, from province to province in Canada, and from country to country elsewhere in the world.